CPHI Barcelona is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
• Knowing when to outsource – why go out of house?
• Partner selection and diversification to minimise risk, and ensure success
• Strategies for getting the most out of your CDMO partnership
Speaker: Indena S.P.A.
Having the right CDMO partners can provide valuable lessons in establishing successful collaborations for you and external service providers. Join and listen to the best practices in developing long lasting relationships
• Preventing miscommunications and errors through a detailed RFQ process
• Reducing lead time by doing most analytical and tech transfers with “in- house” resources
Speaker: Federica Fraschetti, Associate Director - Focus Factory Leader, Merck
• How CDMO organizations can be designed differently from the traditional way and an additional value can be realized.
• How the Lean/Agile principles can be applied to organization design.
Speaker: Shilpl Ghosh, Chapter Leader, I2O, CDMO, Roche
• Establishing a pre partner checklist of what you need (Regulation, manufacturing technology and logistics) to avoid unnecessary costly measures
• Why understanding your molecule format will help drive the process pathway for your potential partner
• Creating clear communication lines of your expectations will provide your CDMO of what is needed from them and what can be done
Speaker: Julien Laizé, Head of Global CTM External Manufacturing, Valneva
• Reviewing your in-house capabilities to determine what services you need
• Determining the economic output by doing it in-house
• How to optimize communication with your chosen vendor for optimal results
• When not to outsource?
Federica Fraschetti, Associate Director - Focus Factory Leader, Merck
Shilpi Ghosh, Chapter Leader, I2O, CDMO, Roche
Julien Laizé, Head of Global CTM External Manufacturing, Valneva
2nd Nov 14:00-14.30 AM Europa Room, Hall 4.0- Keynote
Pfizer’s manufacturing excellence story can be likened to the sport of crew rowing. Eight people, literally rowing in the same direction in unison. Multiple efforts, focus and strengths are combined in the pursuit of a common goal. It takes precise choreography, teamwork and a common understanding of the manner in which results can and should be achieved.
“The power of the team is unlocked as each rower works in harmony, adding their power to the whole. When everyone buys in and commits to the system, great things can be achieved.”
IMEx (Integrated Manufacturing Excellence) is Pfizer’s production system that mandates a common way of working, applies that at all levels, globally and rewards individuals, teams and facilities on their outcomes. The advantages and success of IMEx are shown clearly in increased speed to patients. That’s the focal point of what Pfizer does and a tool like IMEx is important because it supports that global goal.
But how do we apply it to our CDMO business? How do we leverage such a powerful tool to create the same value for our clients? How does the coxswain and team, working together, create harmony with a supply chain that isn’t entirely our own?
Answering these questions are the crux of this presentation.
2nd Nov 14.40-15.30 PM Europa Room, Hall 4.0
2nd Nov 14:40-15.30 AM Also doing Awards Keynote
2nd Nov 14.40-15.30 PM Also presenting another session on sustainability